Chủ Nhật, 14 tháng 12, 2014

Rover covers (1965)

When it came to DC Thomson, although I always liked their humour comics I was never a regular buyer of their adventure comics and story papers. I preferred the ones by Odhams and Fleetway/IPC (plus City's TV21 of course) and American imports. However I've recently bought quite a few old DCT titles and I'll be showing some material from those next year. 

For today though, here's half a dozen covers from 1965 issues of Rover and Wizard that I bought recently. This long-running text story weekly featured some excellent covers as you can see. Superbly illustrated and designed, these eye-catching covers offered an exciting incentive for the reader to buy them. Unfortunately, as they're uncredited and as I'm not too familiar with Thomson's story papers I don't know who the artists were. Can anyone help? I'm guessing the two Lame-Duck Donovan covers might be by Ron Smith but I could be way off. Any information would be gratefully received and I'd credit you of course. 

In the meantime, enjoy looking at these fine examples of an age long gone.  



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét