Chủ Nhật, 8 tháng 2, 2015

Basil Brush by John Ryan

Here's something I noticed whilst looking through old issues of TV Comic. I've previously shown Basil Brush strips that were drawn by Chas Sinclair (see here) and he's the artist I've always associated with that strip... but he wasn't the only one to draw it. 

The example above is from TV Comic No.847, dated 9th March 1968, predating the Sinclair strips, and is in the distinctive style of John Ryan! As you'll all know, John Ryan was the creator of the strips Captain Pugwash and Harris Tweed for Eagle, and of course Pugwash later became a very popular TV series.

I don't know how many weeks John Ryan drew the Basil Brush strip but Chas Sinclair was definitely the artist a year later when I started buying TV Comic regularly. Dick Millington drew some as well apparently. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting page and worth posting here for fans of John Ryan's work. 

A tribute to John Ryan that I wrote in 2009:
http://comiconline24h.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/john-ryan-1921-2009.html

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét