Thứ Ba, 14 tháng 4, 2015

Herb Trimpe R.I.P.

I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of artist Herb Trimpe at the age of 75. He was known in the comics industry for many strips including his long run on The Incredible Hulk from 1969 to 1975 and the original artist on Marvel UK's Captain Britain in 1976.

The first work of Herb Trimpe's I noticed was on Incredible Hulk No.115 in May 1969. A striking cover and interior art that grabbed my attention on the shelf of my corner shop and which I eagerly bought for a shilling (5p). 


I've admired his work ever since. It was the beginning of a great era for the Hulk and it became my favourite American comic at the time. 



Many of those strips were of course reprinted in the British weekly The Mighty World of Marvel
He drew other strips as well of course, putting his love of aircraft to use by drawing The Phantom Eagle one-off in Marvel Super-heroes, the early issues of Captain Britain, various Western comics, and a long stint on Marvel's Godzilla comic in the 1980s, to name but a few. In recent years he wrote and drew a new strip for digital comic Aces Weekly.
A book on the artist's work, The Incredible Herb Trimpe, was already scheduled to be published soon by Twomorrows: 
http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1196


From the Twomorrows website.
My sincere condolences to Mr.Trimpe's family and friends.

Interview with Herb Trimpe:
http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=1593 

More information:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/14/herb-trimpe-passes-away-aged-75/

All images on this post (except the Twomorrows book cover) are from my personal collection.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét